Take it from my Hands

The last few weeks have been incredibly absurd in the best and worse ways.  I don't have the time or the long-term memory to tell you everything that's happened, so here are bits and pieces of my last few weeks.

star-gazing, sleeping asian in the trunk
game night and dinner...multiple times
Hoosier club hazing
insomniac friends
Late night walmart runs
"I went to bed at 1:30am and was so proud of myself!"
Lots and lots of freshmen
Gotta stop running
"this is all i know of Leah. 'I have to work on this paper!  Oo, facebook!'"
Sarah!  Jenna (deep voice)
sad stories and truths
Best ward ever!
First day of classes
I like Firefly even less now
Finished paper!
What a random time for an epiphany
Country dancing and craiging (and kraeging) story

It's been a crazy few weeks, and I wish I could easily relay every fun time I had and every thing I learned.  I do want to share one instance today.

I was sitting in World Civ II thinking about how I'm not going to have a life and wondering what my calling in church was going to be this semester.  I thought about how much I didn't enjoy my summer much, and how nervous I was for the school year.  I wondered what I was going to do with my life once school ended and how I would get there.  I thought about how I felt going to all the orientation stuff for the freshmen and how lucky I am to be attending BYU.  I thought about broken hearts, lost dreams and cherished memories.  I thought about how funny it was that of all the times I could sit and ponder life, it just happened to be during my evening class (though looking back on it now, it was the first time I was left to myself in like, 3 weeks, which is probably why).

So many questions, not enough answers.  I've been happy, but it's been awhile since I've felt in place.  What was I missing?  What am I supposed to be doing?  I've been trying to do everything right, so why did I feel so misplaced?

And so, with my wonderful dad's words in the back of my head "Sometimes I just tell Heavenly Father 'What are you wanting me to do? I'm just going to do my best and tell me if I'm wrong.' " (or something to that effect), I decided I'd do the same.  I made a plan, said 'this is the best i've got' and went on my way (of course, by went on my way, I meant starting thinking about other things because I was still kinda sitting there in class).

And you know what?  Shortly thereafter, I got an answer to my prayers.  Life is funny like that, and I think that our Father in Heaven has an odd sense of humor, and an amazingly gentle, but slap-in-the-face way of speaking sometimes.

Also, World Civ is going to be my favorite class I think.  And not just because I get answers to prayers, but because it was probably the coolest lecture I half-listened to thus far.  I'm pretty sure the people next to me probably would have thought I was crazy by my few minutes of solemn contemplation shortly followed by me being overly excited about something the professor said, if they weren't struggling to stay awake themselves...

Anyways, I really just wanted to say I'm grateful for answers to prayers and I know they are real.  I know God lives, and loves His children, even in their stubborn ways.  He loves His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment