Excuse are Tools of the Incompetent...

I've been figuring out that a great deal of my frustration and stress of late has been strongly affected by the fact I've been feeling that I'm being acted upon, and not acting for myself (2 Ne 2:14,16). My life sucks because this and this and this happened in my bubble and it's out of my control and so let me pity party,  but in reality, it's because in a lot of ways, I've been losing my will to do and to be. That "natural man" they call it took over making me lazy and scared.   I don't know how exactly it happened, but I want to be an agent unto myself again.  I want to be in control and not let every little thing toss me around.

Another thing. People have said that when you lash out at people for what they do wrong, it's because you're ashamed that you can find it in you. And so I want to apologize to you for being so unforgiving when in reality, I'm just insecure.  Confucius said "When you see a good man, emulate him.  When you see a bad man, examine you're own heart."  Has been a favorite quote for a while.  I remember why now :)

May we all (I am currently defining 'we' to be me and everyone else who reads this blog, in case you were wondering...) find peace and happiness, and security in ourselves. I'm grateful for my blessings and for answers to questions.  I pray I can be more of the person I've always wanted to be, and more like my Savior in every way (and boy, do I have a loooong way to go haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment